The weather forecast today for Edina, Minnesota is 67° today! The warm weather is a great time to start the spring clean up. Regular routine maintenance can help prevent costly repairs in the future. If you are a homeowner, there’s no shortage of things to do! Home maintenance is important because it could prevent a claim on your homeowners insurance.
We have compiled a short list of some important maintenance and items to inspect.
- Clean Chimney and fireplace flue
- Clean and inspect gutters
- Clean dryer ducts of lint
- Inspect outside doors for wear to caulking and weather-stripping
- Inspect windows for wear and clean
- Inspect roof for leaks
- Flush hot water heater
- Inspect and change HVAC filters
- Check for cracks in driveway, sidewalk and paths
- Inspect siding for water stains
Any homeowner knows that home maintenance is a never-ending chore. This short list is just a starting point. If you’d like a more comprehensive home inspection list, check out this link from Ask This Old House.