In Minneapolis/Saint Paul, we are expected to see our first 90-degree day. Everyone knows that the suns rays are damaging to your skin, but it is also hard on your vehicle. Here are some tips on how to protect your car from the suns damaging rays.
- Park in shade. Avoid parking in direct sunshine.
- Crack windows. This will equalize the air pressure, and help prevent the greenhouse effect.
- Check Tire Pressure. Hot pavement causes tires to deflate.
- Wax your vehicle. This will protect the paint from the suns damaging rays.
- Wipe dash with a microfiber cloth. Dust and dirt can damage your dashboard, and the damage can be exacerbated by sunshine.
- Install Seat covers. They will protect the seats and help keep them cool.
- Keep your car clean. The sun can fade the vehicles paint, and keeping your vehicle clean will mitigate the damages from dirt and scratches that can become cracked by the suns damage.
- Make sure your cooling system is in order. It will prevent your vehicle from over heating.
- Make sure your air conditioning fully operational. If your AC's isn't working properly, have a professional repair shop work on it.
Stay safe out in the heat. Please let us know if you have any additional tips that can help protect your vehicle from the heat.