Jump to navigation

by Annie Carlin on Apr 4, 2019

Most standard homeowners insurance policies do not include sewer and water back-up coverage. It is typically an added coverage. Sewer and Water Back-up is typically inexpensive, and can provide coverage for the home or your personal belongings. If you don’t have this coverage on your home, it is a good idea to talk to your independent insurance agent about it today!

 If you have a sump pump, you need sewer and water back-up coverage. A lot of remodeled homes in Edina, Minnesota now have sump pumps in the basements, as well as a lot of new builds. The sump pumps water away from the house and into a city drain. That helps keep your foundation dry and your basement. If your sump pumps overheat or stops working, the water it should be pumping away will start to accumulate and could cause a lot of damage.

 Even it you don’t have a sump pump, it is a good idea to carry water back up coverage. If your drains backup in your kitchen, ruining the hardwood floors, or in a bathroom, wrecking the walls and floors. Water back up coverage will pay up to the coverage limit. Coverage limits usually start around $5,000 and can cost as low as $50 per year.

This type of claim can happen to anyone, and can be expensive to get repaired. Make sure you talk to your insurance agent, or call us at ATC Agency for home insurance. 

Bookmark our mobile site visit m.atcagency.com

Information you need, when and where you need it most. More »

Our Insurance Companies

Safeco Insurance

ATC Agency

Click for the BBB Business Review of this Insurance Companies in Edina MN

Our location

3249 Hennepin Ave S, Suite 253
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55408
Se habla español
Jump to navigation
Mon-Thu 10AM-6PM, Fri 10AM - 5PM, & Sat by appt

© 2022 ATC Agency. Licensed in Minnesota and Wisconsin